1. Run in the Dark (the Event) is a running event which takes place in several locations, as well as several pop-up locations worldwide and is operated by Strive Management Ltd t/a Run in the Dark, 3rd Floor, Styne House, Upper Hatch St, Dublin 2, Ireland (the Event Organiser).
2. By entering this Event, all participants in the Event are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions (the Terms). Failure to abide by these Terms will result in disqualification from the Event.
3. When registering for the Event on behalf of others, it is the responsibility of the registrant to ensure that (i) registration (including all information provided during registration) is carried out with the full permission and knowledge of those persons and (ii) these Terms are acknowledged by those persons.
4. Participants take part in the Event at their own risk and assume full and complete responsibility for any injury or accident which may occur while travelling to or from the Event, during the Event, or while on the premises of the Event, including but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, effect of weather, traffic and conditions of the road.
5. Participants understand that participation in the Event is potentially hazardous. Participants must not take part in the Event unless they are medically able and properly trained. If there is any doubt as to physical capability to take part in the Event, participants must consult their doctor. Participants who are suffering from any medical conditions must indicate this fact to the Event Organiser on their registration form prior to taking part in the Event.
6. By entering this Event, participants agree to abide by the instructions of organisers, officials and marshalls at the Event. Participants are not permitted to bring or use prams, bikes or other vehicles on the course. Participants must be 14 years of age or older to enter. The time limit for completing the Event is 1 hour and 20 minutes (subject to change at the Event Organiser’s discretion).
7. Participants are required to comply with all applicable COVID-19 guidelines and regulations in their location while participating in this event.
8. The Event Organiser, sponsors, promoters, local councils and each of their agents and all other persons associated with the Event hereby exclude (to the fullest extent permitted by law) all liability (whether direct, indirect or consequential) arising out of, or in any way connected with, participation in the Event and shall not be liable or responsible for any and all claims, actions, or damages which participants might have arising out of said participation. This includes any claims, whether caused by the action or inaction of any of the above parties, or otherwise.
9. The Event Organiser, sponsors, promoters, local councils and each of their agents and all other persons associated with the Event will not be held responsible for any property lost, mislaid or stolen on the course, registration area, bag drop area or any other area.
10. The Event Organiser reserves the right to reduce the course distance, change the course or make any other amendment to the Event that it deems necessary to stage the Event.
11. The Event Organiser reserves the right to withdraw, cancel or suspend the Event for any reason, with no liability to entrants. Any rescheduling of a suspended Event will be subject to obtaining any necessary permission required from local councils and any other relevant authorities.
12. Should the Event be cancelled due to circumstances beyond the control of the Event Organiser, any refund will be entirely at the discretion of Event Organiser. Should the Event be cancelled or suspended in any other circumstances, the Event Organiser reserves the right to retain a portion of the entry fee (to be determined by the Event Organiser in its discretion) to cover outlays incurred in connection with the Event and any balance may be refunded to the participants.
13. Participants taking part in a virtual event are advised to plan their route in advance, ensure they are walking, running or jogging on a suitable surface in a safe and familiar area, and be mindful of road traffic. Participants taking part in a virtual event are advised to carry an emergency contact name and number for personal safety and tell a friend or family member where they intend to walk, jog or run.
14. The deadline for completing the virtual event and the submission of evidence of completion is fixed and cannot be varied. If evidence of participation is not received by the date specified on the Event website, participants will not be included in the results section of the website. Participants are expected to post accurate finishing times. Suspected misleading finishing times may be removed from the leaderboard.
15. All entry fees are considered to be a donation to the Mark Pollock Trust. A small portion of each entry fee paid will be retained as a payment processing fee by the Event Organiser, its partners and/or suppliers.
16. Entries are not transferable to other participants after 1st October 2022. Participation in the race is personal to the registrant, and registrants are strictly prohibited from swapping, selling or transferring, or offering to sell, swap or transfer the entry. Entries are non-transferrable to another event or to the following year.
17. Entry fees are non-refundable and cannot be deferred to a future event, or an event in another location. Entries are finalised as soon as the entry process is completed.
18. Participants in the Event hereby grant full permission to the Event Organiser, sponsors, promoters, local councils and each of their agents and all other persons associated with the Event to use any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, website images, recordings or any other record of the Event. Any recordings made of participants during the Event are strictly for personal use only.
19. The images of merchandise on the Event website are for illustrative purposes only. Although every effort is made to display the colours accurately, the Event cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. The product received by participants may vary slightly from those images.
20. If the event’s supply of the merchandise is delayed by an event outside the Event Organiser’s control, participants will be contacted as soon as possible, and steps will be taken to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided this is done, the Event Organiser will not be liable for delays. If there is a risk of substantial delay participants may contact the Event Organiser and receive a refund for any merchandise not received.
21. Participants agree to follow any rules or instructions provided to the Participant by the Event Organiser as may be communicated via the website, by email or text message.
22. It is each participant's sole responsibility to comply with all relevant local laws.
23. Participants consent to being contacted by the Event Organisers via post, email, text, phone, or other methods. The Participant shall have the right to “unsubscribe” by contacting the Event Organiser.
24. Participant data will be shared with third party suppliers for the purposes of planning and managing the Event. These suppliers may contact you directly regarding processing of your entry.
25. Members of a prepaid corporate team consent to their name and email address being shared with the team leader for the purposes of team administration.
26. Participants agree that if any provision of these Terms is deemed to be invalid, the remaining Terms will remain valid, binding and enforceable.
27. Please see our Privacy Statement (http://www.runinthedark.org/privacy-statement) and Cookies Policy (http://www.runinthedark.org/cookie-policy) for further information on how we process information provided to us by entrants.
28. These Terms are governed by Irish law and participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts to determine any dispute arising or relating out of these Terms.